Sunday, December 16, 2012

Personal Development Plan


In order for me to develop as professional, it is important that I be faced with challenges and learn from those challenges. It is at that moment that I have learned from that experience.

1. Job Rotation

Job Rotation is a great tool for my personal development plan because it allows me to pursue an additional challenge and take on an new responsibility every few weeks or months. Thus, when faced with challenges, I will have to make decisions and I will positively learn from my failures as well as from anything at which I am successful.


2. Tuition Reimbursement

I am constantly looking for ways to improve myself in my professional career. Therefore, if I feel like my employer is behind me in every step of the way by reimbursing me in some of my expenses then I will feel valued in my employment and seek out other opportunities to succeed in the company as well as in myself.


3. Externships

Sometimes it is important for people to learn from a similar professional at an off-site location for a specific time. This is a great idea because it would put me is a new environment and I might learn things in the new environment that I might not have noticed in my current environment. This gives me a new perspective and I would learn skills that I can put into action as soon as I return to my worksite.


4. Mentorships

I am pretty knowledgeable. However, as a professional, I do not know it all. Therefore, I would benefit from someone who knows more than me teaching me what they know as well as me mentoring someone who may be new to my field. Both of these reciprocals would spread my expertise as well as give me new perspectives from learning from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment